Charles Zulanas LLC
President, San Juan, PR
August 2021 – Present
· Program Manager for Microsoft Retail Store Direct Sales and Support supporting millions in direct cloud and device educational and small business commercial sales. · · Remotely support management for business sales with Microsoft’s Retail Direct Sales and Support organization for educational and small business commercial sales. ·
· Prepare data analyses using Microsoft PowerBI, Excel and Dynamics, monthly and quarterly business updates, compile success stories and prepare necessary materials such as notes and PowerPoint decks to maintain the education department's rhythm of business. Work as a project manager on special projects and strategic initiatives including the Business Workshop Tool, Device as a Service and Account Management for the department. Coordinated HQ team driving the creation of the Account Management program, leading with analysis, insights, strategic direction, and rhythm of business PowerPoint presentations, Excel analyses, OneNote meeting notes and monthly updates after deriving insights from PowerBIs.
· Coordinated preparation of regular leadership communications, including senior leader update slides, a bi-weekly newsletter for over 500 field sellers, product updates with education about the Surface Key Problems for the surface commercial lead, Updates to the marketing head of Microsoft stores, a business update from the head of Microsoft stores to all stakeholders for Microsoft Stores, a business update from the education lead of Microsoft stores to senior leaders of education at Microsoft, and Monthly EDU Strategy PowerPoint presentations. Coordinated product strategy realignment and value proposition for Teams Essentials, defining next steps and strategy to be presented to Microsoft senior leaders. Coordinated DaaS calls to drive renewed energy/focus on winning back shares and greater customer retention with DaaS. Produced the leads lists for over 8.8K government funded schools that requested Chromebook, Apple and other competing service providers for opportunities to win back market share.
· Developed the Microsoft Stores Education Hybrid compete card with detailed comparison specs to compete with Apple and Google. Helped with directing the filming, editing and finalizing the recordings for a video business update to senior executives at Microsoft using video production software. Coordinated the Business Workshop Customer Consultation Tool Focus Groups to gather feedback, and improvement recommendations by interviewing EDU and Small Business sellers. Assigned instructors for over 500 Black History Month EDU Diversity and Inclusion events using Microsoft Excel. Identified options and opportunities for improvement in Post-Sale support to improve the customer journey with deployment and value added services.
· Created onboarding materials and procedure documents for the company to help new hires have an easier experience getting acclimated to the client environment and acronyms. Coached 9 new hires and collaborated with 9 senior team members to produce the monthly updates for Microsoft's senior leaders. Use analytical skills for Agile implementations, research, monthly and quarterly financial business updates for senior leadership, success stories, notes and PowerPoint decks (Tools: Sharepoint, Visio, Teams, Dynamics, PowerBI, Excel). Coordinated with teams of 20 (including engineering and senior leadership) on product management for cloud computing projects including the Business Workshop Tool, Teams Essentials, and PowerBI Reporting. Implemented Prosci Change Management techniques in the Account Management IT project management by and assisting in application development of reporting and user interface on PowerBI Reporting with engineering. · Work as a project manager on special projects and strategic initiatives including the Business Workshop Tool, Device as a Service and Account Management for the department. Implemented Prosci Change Management techniques in the Account Management implementation gaining executive sponsorship, and utilizing the ADKAR model.
· Program Manager for developing the pitch deck/analysis for a $5M venture capital investment in a music company, eResonate.
Loveland Logistics - Loveland Logistics LLC (loveland-logistics.com)
Vice President, Loveland, CO
August 2019 - August 2022
· Remotely managed performance data analyses, communications, and employee recognition for 100 employees with individual certificates and awards for top drivers in customer experience scores, safety, and deliveries for the week. Processed $3M in annual payroll, along with sick pay, Amazon bonuses, PTO, and employee churn in ADP & Paycom. Developed safety and risk management report for Amazon’s scheduled safety audits and provided OSHA responses.
· Remotely managed operations, hiring, training, strategy, payroll, safety and risk management for over 100 employees. Built a team that has delivered over 7 million packages for Amazon, generating over $40K in revenue weekly. Deescalated issues, resolved and managed conflict, balanced loads, and created processes to streamline operations and achieve the highest quality ratings. Set the strategic direction while starting the company with my father and researched other successful Amazon contractors in order to learn the business (including Bringly LLC and Task Force Logistics (TFOE in Seattle, Washington)).
· Managed and analyzed P&L - Processed $3M in annual payroll, along with the associated COVID emergency sick pay, Amazon bonuses, PTO hours, punch card approvals, employee onboarding and offboarding. Created the processes, training videos, and operational procedures for the company. Analyzed the profits and losses of the business based on Amazon cancelled routes, number of drivers, number of packages delivered, the number of drivers in training, the flex routes taken, and the weekly scorecard ratings. Spoke with executive leadership about effective incentive programs to maximize scorecard ratings while minimizing costs. Research several different services for scheduling, vehicle management and payroll services to determine the means of keeping the lowest costs for the business. Adapt and manage change within Amazon processes and instruct employees how to adapt.
· Interviewing and hiring of employees – Interviewed over 500 applicants, acquiring most applications mainly through Indeed and Amazon referrals, but also through Facebook and employee referrals. Set up Indeed job postings for Delivery Associate positions and adjusted based on Ogletree and Amazon suggestions from audits for the job description. Completed all paperwork including Amazon onboarding, drug test paperwork, I-9 information and all compliance paperwork for Amazon for every employee in both ADP and Paycom payroll systems. Managed fluctuating hiring needs during the Pandemic and peak seasons. Hired employees with hourly pay and implemented a safety bonus for safe driving. Provided regular employee review processes and procedures with incremental pay increases to prevent attrition and to retain the best employees.
· Health and Safety - Developed the safety and risk management report for Amazon’s scheduled safety audits and provided OSHA responses when requested. Interpret the needs of the organization through daily surveys. Worked with executive leadership and dispatchers on processes to prepare the drivers for the best experience and retention. Training for all New Delivery Associates for applications that will be used on the route and processes for Amazon and Loveland Logistics LLC. Trained on safety and insurance measures through Ogletree’s DSP Navigator program. Coached dispatchers and drivers when incidents happen on a customer’s property and processes for correction of the issues. Inspected vehicles through Mentor, and an application known as Driveroo.
· Owning And Operating A Business - Managed scheduling using Deputy and communicated to make sure we fulfilled the route needs with our drivers (varying with season and need). At the maximum during the height of the pandemic, Loveland Logistics had over 160 employees. Recognized accomplishments of employees when they had hit 10,000 packages delivered, 25,000 packages delivered, and 50,000 packages delivered with individual certificates along with monthly safety awards for top drivers and recognition for being the top 5 drivers in customer experience scores for the week.
Leadership Society of Arizona [501(c)(3)] - http://leadaz.org/
Podcast Houst, Co-Founder, Mesa, AZ
April 2015 – January 2022
· Remotely hosted and produced audio and video, posted on social media, and ensured SEO compatibility for 70+ podcast episodes. Remotely produced content including educational presentations, music parody videos, a podcast, and marketing.
· Built an educational company for high school students based on a college logic and leadership class taught by Dr. Dean Kashiwagi that had helped over 1,400 college students attending ASU from 1993 to 2017 to change their lives for the better, decreasing stress and guilt, improving their social and familial relationships, and improving their efficiency in their roles as leaders in their schools and companies. Since 2013, LSA has instructed over 750 junior high and high school students, with students overcoming familial and social problems, finding new direction in life, and becoming better leaders. Surveys of our students have found that 73% improve their GPA, 67% feel less stressed, 57% feel more confident, and 73% feel more accountable.
· Collaborated with team to obtain legal advice to submit filing paperwork to change LSA from an LLC into a 501(c)3 in 2016 and became an official Co-Founder and Director.
· Helped the company to acquire over $11,000 in seed funding through grant applications and startup competitions including the Cooley Grant, eSeed, Changemaker Challenge 2016 and Changemaker Challenge 2017.
· Acquired the partnerships with ASU summer programs and Title VI programs that drive a majority of LSA's annual income.
MSS Business Transformation Advisory - https://mssbta.com/
Senior Consultant, Phoenix, AZ
May 2017 – June 2018
MSS Business Transformation Institute, Phoenix, AZ (May 2017 to June 2018) - https://mssbti.com/
· Helped shape and create a new executive coaching practice called Responsive 360 which has generated national senior executive speaking engagements.
· Wrote a business report validating 9 characteristics that make any company successful with 900 citations/examples and 60 case studies from industry leaders (Google, Netflix, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, IDEO, etc)
Energy and Utility Company, Tempe, AZ (December 2017 to April 2018)
· Developed 267 communication deliverables to communicate change and assess impacts for a large IT transformation project with impacts to over 70 employee users and over 1 million retail customers, which resulted in 100% customer satisfaction.
· Completed 1 value-added project to perform a data analysis of IT test environments to identify the 50 programmer test environments, determine their specifications, and create a better system of tracking updates, resulting in high client satisfaction.
Higher Education Institution, Tempe, AZ (August 2017 to December 2017)
· Worked on a team to develop an over 130-page Enterprise Change Management playbook to transform the governance, OCM and leadership for a college district with over 100,000 students, faculty and staff.
National Hospice Company, Tempe, AZ (December 2017)
· Developed and helped facilitate an innovation/strategic planning workshop to scale a national hospice startup 300% in 3 years.
PBSRG - https://pbsrg.com/
Best Value Consultant, Tempe, AZ
August 2015 – May 2017
· Consulted companies from multiple industries to improve their bottom line for 2 ½ years with PBSRG's technology known as the Best Value Approach which has delivered over 2000 projects worth $6.8 B of services over 25 years with about 98% of projects being delivered on time, on budget, with high customer satisfaction.
National Telecommunications Company, Tempe, AZ (February 2015 to May 2017)
· Supervised over 4,000 customer service calls to ensure quality control and support for over 80,000 clients.
· Interviewed the top 50 clients contributing nearly 20% of the 25,000 service tickets for a national ICT company and identified the main issues, resulting in company action, 93% of customers satisfied and yearly contract renewals.
Multinational Roofing Company, Dallas, TX (February 2016 to May 2017)
· Managed a risk management tracking system with a team of 6 of over 3,000 roofing projects nationwide utilizing surveying to identify over 60 risky projects from program inception to increase applicator accountability and decrease company risk.
· Tracked the status of 5 different high performance Alpha SPF roofing jobs in Dallas, Texas to promote transparency for the client, by managing and monitoring the projects worth over $1M on a weekly basis and ensured the appropriate tracking of metrics.
National Construction Educational Group, Austin, TX (June 2015 to September 2015)
· Facilitated the interviewing of 114 professionals across 6 companies on a team of 3 to correlate personalities with success.
National Educational Research Group, Greenville, SC (June 2015 to September 2015)
· Supported the head researcher to contact and market to over 1,000 public and private companies to produce a national research study with over 40 multi-million-dollar organizations on their satisfaction of Job-Order Contracting over other construction delivery methods such as Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build, resulting in an over 70-page publication documenting the results.
State Government Agency, Phoenix, AZ (January 2015 to August 2015)
· Supported the lead project manager to consult 57 complex projects with a $7.8M budget with 8 project managers to fulfill the scope, cost, time and quality requirements of the state contract.
· Assisted the state agency in consulting and project management resulting in its contractors performing 94% more work in 33% less time, client satisfaction increasing by 30%, and the state agency spending 100% of their budget (50% previously).
· Adjusted and conducted data analysis looking into 57 different project performances, while managing email correspondence with 10 vendors on the projects and demonstrated due diligence by applying revisions to the company website.
Debt Collection Company, Mesa, AZ (January 2015 to April 2015)
· Examined over 100 cases over the past year with a team of 4 in order to identify dominant info on past cases summing over 1M dollars of debt, decreasing time spent on preliminary collection techniques by 40% and a 10/10 customer satisfaction rating.
Financial Analyst Intern, Santa Rosa, CA
May 2014 – July 2014
· Produced a Microsoft Excel system to manage and track 56 Manufacturer’s Representatives around the globe.
· Collaborated with 14 VPs/Managers internationally to create a process to evaluate 56 yearly MR contract renewal requests.
· Working with a team of 15, manipulated an existing Microsoft Excel discount reporting tool to provide about 500 U.S. field engineers, managers and vice presidents with up-to-date sales discount information on 10,000 different accounts to curb sales discounting of over $1,000,000 each year and increase Agilent’s bottom line.
· Researched 4 past CFO Earnings Statements with the Director of Investor Relations to create a referential outline for the CFO.
REFEREED ACADEMIC JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS AND HONORS THESIS
1. Kashiwagi, D. T., Zulanas, C., & Gajjar, D. (2017). The Value of Alpha SPF Roofing: An Alpha Case Study at William Lipscomb Elementary School. Journal for the Advancement of Performance Information and Value Editorial Board, 21.
2. Zulanas IV, C. J. (2017). Cost-Effectiveness in Roofing: Alpha SPF Roofs (Doctoral dissertation, Arizona State University).
3. Kashiwagi, D., Zulanas, C., Gajjar, D. (2016). The Cost Effectiveness of Alpha Roofs: Elementary School Case Study. Journal for the Advancement of Performance Information and Value, 8(2), 42-57.
4. de Almeida Lima, D., and Zulanas, C. (2016). Use of Contaminated Sludge in Concrete. Procedia Engineering, Volume 145, 2016, Pages 1201-1208, ISSN 1877-7058, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.04.155. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187770581630162X)
5. Oliveira, C., Zulanas, C., and Kashiwagi, D. (2016). A Long-term Solution to Overcome the Problems Caused by Droughts in the Brazilian Power Systems. Procedia Engineering, Volume 145, 2016, Pages 948-955, ISSN 1877-7058, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.04.123. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877705816301291)
6. Zulanas, C. (2015). Boston Beer Company (SAM) Mergers and Acquisitions Pitchbook for an Acquisition of the Craft Brew Alliance. Barrett, The Honors College Thesis/Creative Project collection (https://repository.asu.edu/items/28555)
4.0 GPA in M.S. Construction Management Program
Magna Cum Laude from the W. P. Carey School of Business and Barrett Honors College
1 out of 5 graduates in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA from University of Economics in Prague to receive an International Business Certificate
M&A Pitchbook Honors Thesis, Barrett, The Honors College, Tempe, AZ December 2012 – May 2015
§ Constructed a 40-page Mergers & Acquisitions pitchbook to analyze 4 plausible physical and operational synergies of the Boston Beer Company (SAM) acquiring the Craft Brew Alliance (BREW), which, based on the report findings, could have increased SAM’s annual net income by about $1,000,000 a year.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
2016 Associated General Contractor Education and Research Foundation’s Scholar
2016 Valley of the Sun Chapter Scholar; Construction Financial Management Association
2016 Herschede Graduate Engineering Scholar; Sigma Chi Fraternity
2016 Western Pacific Region of the Design-Build Institute of America Scholar
2016 Greater Phoenix Student Chapter Scholar; IFMA
2016 Kit Tuveson Memorial Scholar; Sacramento Valley Chapter of IFMA
2015 Herschede Graduate Engineering Scholar; Sigma Chi Fraternity
2015 Outstanding Service Award; Barrett Summer Scholars
2015 Arizona’s Balfour Outstanding Graduating Senior; Sigma Chi Fraternity
2015 Arizona State University’s Balfour Outstanding Graduating Senior; Sigma Chi Fraternity
2015 Magna Cum Laude, Graduate with Honors; Arizona State University
2015 Dean’s List; Arizona State University
2014 Joseph J. Kubat Scholar; Sigma Chi Fraternity
2014 Dean’s List; Arizona State University
2013 Keith Stanton McKenzie Scholar; W. P. Carey School of Business
2013 National Society of Collegiate Scholars
2013 Dean’s List; Arizona State University
2012 Dean’s List; Arizona State University
2012 W. P. Carey School of Business Study Abroad Scholar; W. P. Carey School of Business
2011 Dean’s List; Arizona State University
2011 ASU Alumni Association – Colorado Chapter Scholar
2011 New American University Scholarship - Provost’s Scholar
2011 AP Scholar with Distinction
· SAFe Scrum Master Certification
· Prosci Change Management Certification
· Best Value Approach - A+ Certification
· Earned 4 of 9 certificates in Data Analytics courses for a Professional Certification provided by HarvardX’s Data Science program, which provides instruction in learning Machine Learning Programming Language - R.
· Experienced in Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, SmartSheets, and Keynote
· Built websites using WordPress, Weebly and GoDaddy Website Builder
· Ross Kurz - Strategy at Amazon Web Services
· Natalie Hurst - Multi-Station Operations Manager at Amazon
· Dr. Jacob Kashiwagi - Chairman of the Board of Directors for Leadership Society of Arizona 501(c)3
· David William Lee - Executive Director of the MSS Business Transformation Institute and Founder of Responsive Org Phoenix
· Jessica Barrett - Organizational Change Management Lead at the Salt River Project
· Dr. Dean Kashiwagi - Director of PBSRG
· Brian Evans - President at Guaranty Solutions
· Dean Russell - Former Controller for the Americas at Agilent Technologies
· George Grombacher - President of the Phoenix Alumni Chapter of Sigma Chi
· Dr. Brian Burnett - Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations at University of Minnesota
Contact information available upon request
What? You don't want to feel more conviction about striving daily to keep the commandments and have God first in your life? Check out the book!